- I've put it under Dev tools>Plug-ins/Add-ons because it's the closest thing to what this is. If there is a better category please let me know -
In case of problems, issues, bugs or you want a custom brush or asset for CSP don't worry and send me a message.
In case you want to learn more about Clip Studio Paint and how to use it in a professional workflow I've wrote a manual Clip Studio Paint by example by Ludovico Serra. It was reviewed and approved by Celsys the creators of Clip Studio Paint.
Here's a color illustration I've made using the Automatic Color Palette
- This is a single license for purchase, if you're a team of 10 people, you need to purchase ten license.
- When you use the compact version of the Automatic Color palette it could pop up a warning telling you that x layer can't be hidden or changed. Don't worry it's normal just click yes and let CSP continue the Auto Action.
- It really important that you don't change or rename anything inside the Automatic color palette LB 1200x600px folder.
- If you need to create multiple color palettes:
- Duplicate the main folder
- Lock the duplicated folder
- Now all the auto actions will refer to the unlocked folder
- If you want to create and switch between multiple color palettes you need to go to File > Preferences > Layer/Frame. Under Layer you need to set Name of copies as Do not rename. In case you don't do this step switching between multiple color palettes will not work.
- Remember that the Auto Action will always refer to the unlocked Automatic color palette LB 1200x600px folder
- The final row will be always the complementary color of the applied color.
Here's another Clip Studio Paint Asset I've created, the Automatic color palette.
Have you ever spend a lot of time creating color palettes? Trying to adjust all your colors so they'are all harmonious and work well together?
And you don't want to spend time finding a website that creates a color chart for you, with colors that you don't recognize? Or worse you can't access internet?
Don't worry with this simple material, with over 20 auto actions, will help you speed up your process. Just download it and follow the instructions.
What you get?
You get a .clip file that you can use with the auto actions, the .LAF file, that will let you create an automatic color palette with those color scheme:
- Low contrast
- High contrast
In addition to this you can choose between a Lambert or Linear value change.
If this wasn't enough... You can chose a light color and the intensity of that light.
How does it work?
it's simple, you open the .CLIP file, you go to Edit > Register material > Image. Fill out the the fields however you like it and you save it. In this way you just need to click and drag it from your materials. ( You need a canvas that is at least 1200x600px )
Now just click and drag the .LAF file inside your Auto action palette. Now you can change every single parameter of the Automatic color palette using those auto actions.
Now just pick a color, select the Change color auto action, this will apply the picked color to the automatic color palette, pick a color scheme (between analogous, triadic and quadratic ) and you're ready to paint.
But what if you want a color scheme? Don't worry, you just need to color pick using the Automatic Color palette, put them inside the Intermediate Color palette and there you have it! A full color scheme for your painting!
Auto Action list
- Horizzontal orientation - This will horizontaly orientate your Automatic color palette
- Vertical orientation - This will verticaly orientate your Automatic color palette
- Compact version - It will reduce your Automatic color palette to only one row of color, with the complementary color, light, and dark values. You can't select color schemes in this mode.
- Expanded version - It will expand the Automatic color palette giving you four rows of color.
- Hide background - The Automatic color palette background will be hidden.
- Show background - I will show the background.
- Change background color - It changes the background color
- Change color - This will change the color of the base color of the Automatic color palette.
- Change light color - It will change the color of the applied light
- Lights-on - You turn on the light.
- Lights-off - It will make a killer pizza. The killer pizza will turn off the lights so it can do its job... Don't worry it just turn off the lights, no killer involved
- Linear value scale - The values will follow a linear scale
- Lambert value scale - The values will follow a lambert scale
- Analogous - soft - This will set your color scheme to have a small color difference as compared to your picked color.
- Analogous - Middle - This will set your color scheme to have a medium color difference as compared to your picked color.
- Analogous - Hard - This will set your color scheme to have a big color difference, while remaining similar in colors, as compared to your picked color.
- Triadic high contrast - This will set your color scheme in a perfect equilateral triangle based on your picked color
- Triadic low contrast - This will set your color scheme in a triadic color scheme with a lower croma contrast, based on your picked color
- Quadratic - This will create a perfect square color scheme based on your picked color
- Light intensity - very low - This will create a very dim light environment in the light square.
- Light intensity - low - This will create a dim light environment in the light square.
- Light intensity - middle - This will create a normal light environment in the light square.
- Light intensity - high - This will create an overexposed light environment in the light square.
- Light intensity - very high - Your painting is on the sun surface? Because that the kind of lighting you will get...
- Hide automatic color palette - This will hide the Automatic color palette
- Show automatic color palette - This will show the Automatic color palette in case it's hidden
- Delete automatic color palette - This will delete the Automatic color palette